In order to safely and securely identify you when using Xpressions to view your children’s information we ask you to confirm your email address and phone number as you have provided them to your school(s) when you first open the app.
Further, in order to provide you with the best possible experience of using Xpressions, we sometimes need to collect anonymous information about how you use Xpressions, such as what screens you use most frequently and how the app is performing for you.
Groupcall Xpressions is your single tool for school engagement. In order to use the app we need to safely and securely identify you and to do this we need to confirm personal information about you with information that you have provided to your school.
- What information Groupcall may collect about you.
- How Groupcall will use information we collect about you.
- When Groupcall may use your details to contact you.
- Whether Groupcall will disclose your details to anyone else.
- What web browser cookies Groupcall uses.
1. Introduction and General Terms
Groupcall acts as a data processor on behalf of the school(s) that you are associated with, and those schools act as data owners. Groupcall collects only personal information that you have already provided to school(s) that you are associated with and when you provide this information to those school(s) you agree that it can be used for operational purposes as the school(s) deem necessary as a data controller.
One or more of the school(s) that you are participating in uses the Groupcall Xpressions service to communicate with you and to provide you with access to education information, your school(s) has/have consented to provide limited information to Groupcall, as detailed below for the purposes explained in section 2 and 3.
The Groupcall Xpressions app, and our website, services and activities may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, and we urge you to review them. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
Groupcall uses web browser cookies as detailed in section 12 below.
2. What information will Groupcall collect about me?
Information that Groupcall collects about you falls into two categories:
a) Information that is collected from the school in line with the role as a data controller.
- For parents
- Your name.
- We use this to identify you when you communicate back to a school.
- Your email address and mobile phone number.
- We use this to log you in safely and securely using two-factor authentication
- We use this to assist in locating the schools in which you have children
- The names of your children and an official school photo of their face if available.
- We use this to make it easier for you to search for messages or other information regarding your children.
- The messages that are sent to you from your school(s).
- We use this to display those messages to you when your school sends them.
- An arbitrary identifying number for each parent and child in each school.
- This is used to provide access to further information directly from the school about your children, such as their attendance record or academic progress.
- Your name.
b) Information that is created or collected during your use of Groupcall Xpressions
- For parents.
- The replies that you make to any school messages.
- We store these for archival purposes for both yourself and your school.
- Anonymised usage information.
- We use this to continually improve the service that we provide.
- The replies that you make to any school messages.
It should be noted that Groupcall do not collect or store the extended information about your children that you see in the Xpressions app, for example attendance records, assessment results or achievement information. These encrypted records are transmitted directly from your school(s) to the app once you have been safely and securely logged into Xpressions. Further, the information Groupcall may collect for performance purposes is anonymised before it is sent from the app and it is not possible for Groupcall to identify the individual user who created the information.
This anonymous data collection is an ‘Opt-Out’ feature, meaning you will need to opt out if you do not wish to help us improve Xpressions. You can opt out at any time, including before you open the app, by going into the Settings menu on your device and tapping the Opt Out button.
3.How will Groupcall use the information they collect about me?
Groupcall will use your personal information for a limited number of purposes:
- To safely and securely log you into our products.
- To correctly identify and display information about your children from their school(s).
- To provide assistance when requested of us by yourself or your school.
- To analyse and improve the services offered by Groupcall and provide you with the most user-friendly experience.
Groupcall may also use and disclose anonymised information in aggregate for marketing and strategic development purposes.
4. When will Groupcall contact me?
Groupcall may contact you:
- In relation to any request that a school makes to us to provide you with technical support.
- In relation to any request you make to us directly.
- In relation to any specific testing or marketing engagement that you specifically consent to.
5. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Groupcall won’t contact you for marketing purposes, or to promote new services, activities or online content to you unless you have specifically consented to do so.
6. Will Groupcall share my personal information with anyone else?
Groupcall will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in paragraph 7 below. Generally, we will only use your information within Groupcall. However, sometimes Groupcall may use third parties to process your information. Groupcall requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Groupcall requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
7. Offensive or inappropriate content on Groupcall services.
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to Groupcall websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any Groupcall service, Groupcall may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Groupcall reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England and Wales (or the law of Scotland if you live there) (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), Groupcall may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as the school(s) that you are connected to or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
8. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, we will only retain personal information about you with your parent/guardian’s permission. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
9. How long will Groupcall keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant product, service or activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Groupcall. If you cancel your registration as a Groupcall user and your account is deleted, a red flag is added to the database and, while Groupcall cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system indefinitely in order to ensure you are not re-contacted in error.
10. Can I find out what personal information Groupcall holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Groupcall holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We charge £10 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
11. What if I am accessing Groupcall services outside the UK?
12. Cookies Policy – Information Groupcall collects from you.
Groupcall use web browser cookies to streamline the current and future login experiences and to collect anonymised information about the way customers use our products and services. In the case of the former the information stored in the web browser cookie is specific to the individual who logged in, but does not contain any personal information.
Please note that during your visits to Groupcall websites you may notice some cookies that are not related to Groupcall or Groupcall’s contractors. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Groupcall does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.
Groupcall Xpressions acts as a data processor on behalf of the school(s) that you are associated with, and those schools act as data owners. In the first instance any questions regarding the privacy of your personal information should be directed to those schools.
The Data Protection Officer,
1 Raven Road,